Eden Schools Admissions
Eden is a small, caring, co-educational independent school that builds on a firmly established reputation of excellence spanning over 45 years. This leading secular school provides a unique and vibrant educational experience for students from Grade 000 to Grade 12. It offers a holistic curriculum that includes a wide range of set and optional subjects, sport and cultural pursuits.
As a co-educational, secular school, we celebrate the diversity of cultures in a cosmopolitan South Africa and respect religious practices and holidays of various faiths. Eden is geared for the pupil interested in a small school experience of excellence where the emphasis is on personal attention — socially, emotionally and academically.
If you would like to venture on an exciting journey in which to realize your academic potential and gain confidence to succeed in life, there can be no better school to guide, motivate and extend your horizons on this all important journey…
From the day you enter EDEN COLLEGE, you embark on a path of change and discovery unlike that of other school experiences. Every moment counts, because EDEN staff are dedicated to helping you complete your school education while you build the academic skills to study further. Along with academic skills, EDEN nurtures growth and individuality. Administrative doors are always open. Pupils are encouraged to become involved with life in and out of the classroom.
Along the path, you learn to achieve goals, take personal responsibility, and see yourself in a positive light. Through these experiences, you find a direction. And when you move on at the end of your stay, you have gained in confidence and motivation. EDEN is geared for the pupil interested in a small school experience. The emphasis is on personal attention – socially and academically.
The EDEN staff are here to give you the support you need to succeed. EDEN teachers are chosen for their ability to motivate you to achieve your potential. Teachers have been selected because of their past record of constant superb results. They are acknowledged leaders in their fields and are highly qualified, enthusiastic and capable of bringing the best out of you. At EDEN personal support by an incomparable teaching team is the golden rule.
Thank you for your interest in our school.
How to proceed
Thank you for taking interest in our school. Although we try and accommodate the enrolment of learners throughout the year, some of our classes are full. It is better to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment. Where possible we will enrol the learner throughout the academic year.
Admission to Eden College is subject to the following requirements being met (This is necessary in order to facilitate the process of your inquiry):
Conditions of Enrolment
Together with your completed Application Form, please would you enclose the following:
- Fully completed original Conditions of Enrolment Form
- Fully completed original Contract of Enrolment Form
- One passport-size photograph of your child
- The original birth certificate or valid passport of your child (the school administration office will make a copy)
- The original of pupils’ latest three / four school reports (the school administration office will makea copy)
- The original valid ID Documents or valid passports of BOTH Parents’/Guardians’ (the school administration office will make a copy)
- A total Non-Refundable Administration/Registration fee of R1000.00 payable to: “Eden College Durban”
- Latest utility bill and / or Residential Lease
- Latest current school statement (Must be officially STAMPED by the current school)
- Required from BOTH Parents: Two CURRENT months Bank Statements (Must be officially STAMPED by the Bank)
- Three (3) LATEST Salary Slips
Administration/Registration and Application Fee
A fee of R1000.00 is required for all new enrolments
This amount is a non-refundable fee
When an available time slot becomes available, your child will complete an English and Mathematics assessment. This will indicate your child’s ability to cope with the standard of education expected by Eden College Durban. The results of/and the assessment remain the property of “Eden Schools”, and therefore, the school is not obliged to divulge the results.
Non-Refundable Acceptance Deposit required to secure a place
The non-refundable acceptance deposit of R20 000.00 will secure a place for your child at our school. Please ensure that payment is made to “Eden College Durban”. The non-refundable acceptance deposit of R20 000.00 is CREDITED to your school fee account. Note: this deposit applies to an individual pupil ONLY, NOT to “families” or “siblings
School fees are charged from the 1st of January every year.
Please contact Mrs Fiona Allan on (031) 205 3357 or email@example.com for further details.
Scholarships & Bursaries
Eden College offers a limited number of academic and merit scholarships to incoming students each year. Learners with exceptional academic ability or those that have achieved recognition in the arts or sport may apply for a bursary or scholarship at the school.
There is a special application process, which includes annual Scholarship Examination; these are written in mid-March only. Award decisions are based on the results of these English and Mathematics Scholarship examinations as well as Admission Applications. Where required, an interview may also form part of the process.
The main scholarship examinations are written by pupils in Grades 7 and 9 for admission to Grades 8 and 10 of the following year, however, truly exceptional students in other high school grades are invited to submit a CV and a full academic record with the special application process for consideration.
On occasion, a gifted pupil who is truly exceptional in one or more fields may apply to the school. This Scholarship Examinations is written in mid-March only as well as a Cultural Evaluation thereafter. Pupils who may be interested in applying for this form of scholarship should be excellent scholars with a solid academic record as well as have a rare and
award-winning talent. The areas in which the school has considered previous candidates are; Art, Dance, Drama, Music, Debating and Sport. Bearing in mind that Eden College offers a choice of Art, Dance, Drama and Music as matriculation subjects alongside all other ‘regular’ subjects, one can understand why there continues to be a demand for this.
At Eden, unless stated otherwise in the letter awarding the scholarship, the award runs for the duration of the pupil’s tenure at the school. Please note that there are a few provisors to the continuation of the scholarship from year to year, though it is almost unheard of for the following issues to cause a problem:
- At Eden College Durban, unless stated otherwise in the letter awarding the scholarship, the award runs for the duration of the pupil’s tenure at the school. Please note that there are a few provisors to the continuation of the scholarship from year to year, though it is almost unheard of for the following issues to cause a problem:
- Scholarship pupils are awarded special concessions because of their rare talent and hard work. Should their performance drop substantially without reasonable cause and, after interventions by the parents, school and counselling department, not begin to improve – the school reserves the right to withdraw the scholarship.
- Scholarship pupils are awarded special concessions because of their rare talent and hard work. Should they refuse to become involved in the greater life of the school, refusing to belong to or help with various projects, teams and clubs, after counselling and warnings, they could lose their scholarship.
- In the unlikely situation where a scholarship pupil breaks a major aspect of the Code of Conduct or continually transgresses more minor aspects of said code, the scholarship could be revoked.
- The awarding of a scholarship is a wonderful achievement; however, the details regarding the scholarship value / amount are STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL as this is a private matter between the parent and the school. Should it become apparent that the family has discussed this with a third party; the school maintains the right to revoke said scholarship.
- Eden’s School Fees are always paid in advance. A late payment may result in the learner losing (rescinding) their Scholarship, resulting in the school fee payment reverting to the normal FULL school fees i.e. defaulters may be liable for normal FULL school fees.
If you are interested in a scholarship please contact Mrs Fiona Allan on (031) 205 3357 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.